New Space Law Moot Court CompetitionSeptember 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Posted in Space Law Current Events | Leave a comment
by P.J. Blount with the blog faculty
The International Air and Space Law Association (IASLA) has announced a new space law moot court competition:
About the IASLA Space Law Moot Court Competition
The IASLA Space Law Moot Court Competition was created on 1 September 2010 to provide an opportunity for students to participate in an international moot court competition in space law.
* The Objects of the Competition are:
– to promote education and awareness of the principles of space law among students, academics and lawyers;
– to create an international moot court competition devoted to space law that is organised transparently, fairly and professionally;
– to encourage the peaceful settlement of international space law disputes while recognising the diversity of the students united together through participation in a moot court competition;
– to promote the development of skills in professional oral and written advocacy; and
– to administer the moot court competition fairly, impartially, competently and effectively through the application of specific rules.